Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

September disaster

I have not played any poker for the last 10 days. Why? Because I lost big time. I'm down $26 for this month and I did not achieve any of my goals for September.

I lost about $10 at the 4NL tables. I started ok but then had one horrible session of -$18.
I ended a very slight winner at the 2NL tables but took a rather big hit of -$16 at the 10NL tables in just one session. Now it's not all that terrible in terms of $. I lost a buyin when I got drawn out but I also lost a buyin when villain spikes a Q on the river to make top two pair against my two pair. So I was ahead in that hand but really shouldn't have called the shove on the river.

I keep making the same mistakes, playing good most of the time but making few but very expensive mistakes. I do feel I need to get the pressure off since there seems to be more focus on putting in as many hands as possible and playing very result-oriented. I really need to just focus on my game and forget about volume or bb/100 for a while. I have to be honest to myself and realize I don't have enough of an edge to be able to muli-table and get great results.

So because I was playing bad and obviously not feeling great about it, I took a little break.

The next few days I will start playing again, but I will stick to 1 table at 4NL and a couple of 2-tables session at 2NL. The only goal for October is to focus on every single hand, pay attention to the table and take the time for every decision. Just try to play a tight aggressive ABC-poker game. So let's see how that works out first and then take it from there.

Luck runs out...

No comments:

Post a Comment