Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A quick update

I've been looking into adding some MTT's (freerolls that is) to my playing schedule, so I stumbled on a couple of big freeroll MTT's on Party Poker and played a few.

First one was a Limit Holdem tournament, and, low and behold, I cash!
Errm, that actually means I ended about 800th out of over 7k players and scored a wonderful $0.03! It was fun though, because, believe it or not, I had never played limit holdem. Boy, that really is a very different game than NLHE. People were calling, limping, raising with anything and then calling every street with almost anything. I always thought pots would be smaller (because it is LIMIT) but it seemed the complete opposite (of course a freeroll MTT is never standard play).
Still, it's felt really weird not being able to protect your hand and see so many multiway pots.

I was also playing a couple of 4NL cash game tables at the same time and I must say, that combo didn't work very well for me. I tried it again a couple of days later and I ended up pushing every hand in the freeroll, so I could get back to only cash game tables asap. Since the potential reward from the freerolls is a lot less than what cash tables could net me, I'll be passing on those MTT freerolls for now.

My regular game has been meh: down $10 in the first session of the month (played very poorly), up $10 in the next, break-even in the third (good start, bad end).

Standard ABC poker is a winning strategy at these stakes, but only if you don't donk on a regular base :)

Still, I'm up a little and used my PP to get $10 in bonus, so that bankroll is getting bigger (slowwwwwly).

Let's try and put in a great session tonight.


May your aces hold up!

No comments:

Post a Comment