Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Down and up

I was very motivated to make a good start for this month when I sat down at the tables last night. The cards, however, decided differently.

First I suffer the classical 2-outer: I raise in EP with AA, get reraised, reraise again etc. so we end up all in preflop. My opponent has kings and sure enough, he hits a king on the turn.

Only a couple of hands later, I limp in EP with 44 and three other players limp as well.
The flop comes 2, 4, 6 rainbow and I bet out and get reraised. We end up going all in (my bad) and they guy had flopped a straight. So, a bit of a cooler there.

So now I'm down about $9 and I'm quite frustrated but I told to myself this was a chance to overcome tilt and I tried to schake it off.

It took me another 800 hands to end the day up $2.50.

All things considered, that's not a bad result: I hadn't gotten that many great hands (and even less great flops) and if those two hands went the other way, I could have been up $22. I did play ok, showing plenty aggression and making a couple of good (at least I think) laydowns. I did call some riverbets I shouldn't have, but since the pots where smallish, that didn't hurt too much.

Better luck next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment