Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Seventh consecutive winning session...

...even though I was playing rather weak and I didn't hit anything the first hour and a half, I managed to book another winning session last night. I'm probably jinxing myself but there it is: a new record streak of 7 winning sessions in a row.

I have tightened up even more the last few weeks, stats are usually around 17/8/2.5.
Yesterday I saw a particular fish at the table: he was minbetting every made hand (and folding the others). And when I say minbetting I mean betting 1BB on the flop, on the turn, and on the river with a flopped nut flush. In the one hand we played, he outdrew my second pair on the river (I should have made a bigger raise). Of course, a few hands later he got felted. This guy was so trying NOT to win any money, it was funny.

For the most part, I played ok, again picking up a lot of uncontested pots while waiting for a big one. One straight paid off max, but then I had to slowplay a set into oblivion:
I raise 4 BB in LP with TT and get called by an EP limper.
Flop comes a nice AT6 rainbow, villain checks and I check behind, because often he will not have anything to call with here. Turn brings a king and villain bets, I raise and he calls. We get it in on the river and he shows QJ for a straight.
Because I'd almost never call a raise with QJ OOP, it didn't cross my mind some do...
Good thing my opponent wasn't full stacked.

Another thing I often see (and occasionally, I make the same mistake) is that people tend to forget what happened on earlier streets. If you flop QT5 and check your queen, people assume you don't have a queen most of the time, and you can get paid off some (like in a limped pot). Yesterday, I even saw a couple of times where the turn fills a possible flushdraw, it gets checked around and then people call big bets on the river.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment