Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

January recap

January sure was a bleh month: up $20 and all the way down again to - $1.
I played almost 6k hands and started off well, but three loosing sessions in a row (in one I lost 3 buyins) later I was just hoping to break even. Last Saturday, I was a bit tired so I decided to play a short session on 10NL at Titan. I quickly picked up $7.50 which was nice. Because I picked up $20 in bonusses, I ended up adding about $24 to my bankroll.

I did have my first live game, having a homegame with my collegues at my place. Most of them have little to none experience and with the low stakes ($0.02-$0.05) the play was extremely loose and passive. I decided to play tight and just valuebet my big hands and I doubled up this way. One of the players hit a real nice run of cards, hitting 3 boats and a couple of straights/flushes. Even though it wasn't great poker, we did have a good time.

I have started marking hands I don't play well, so I can replay them with Holdem Manager. I plan on reviewing these hands in detail, both loosing hands (obviously) and winning hands (did I make maximum value?).

Be well and play well!

No comments:

Post a Comment