Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Frustrating session

Yesterday's session kinda pissed me off. Early on, I got rivered a couple of times, and a few hands later, I folded the best hand against two opponents. Now, I wasn't tilting in a way where I would start raising every hand or pot but I started calling light. Too light, which costed me some BB's, and at that time I was down 150BB's.

Anyway, I decided to take a deep breath and try to play my best game and then this hand occurs:
On the button, I raise a limper in the cutoff (he was playing 85/0!) to 4x with A9o.
The SB and limper both call, so there is $1.30 in the pot.

The flop comes AQJ with two clubs and the limper it gets checked to me.
I figure my hand is good often enough to cbet this flop, so I bet $1.
Now the SB reraises to $2 and then the limper shoves his remaining $2.70.

At this point I'm thinking there is no way I'm good here. I could be up against a flopped straight, two pair, even a set (since the limper never raises and I had seen him limp with AA). Now the SB could be on a FD, but surely the limper must have a big hand 3betting this flop. So, I fold...

The SB calls and I get to see their cards: the SB has A2o and the limper has A6o...
And I am pissed again...

A couple of hands later, I flop top pair with a 9 kicker.
I'm up against a fish, so I decide to valuebet: 2/3pot on the flop, 1/2 pot on the blank turn and on the river I decide to check it down. My opponent had been calling my bets with third pair and obviously hits two pair on the river...

I made some awful mistakes too though. Well, I grind it back up to break-even, but I end the session almost $4 down. It's hard for me to believe maybe I'm just no better player than my competition at these micro-tables. I'm playing somthing like 22/17/2.5 with about 4% 3betting. And most of the time I'm the only one with stats like these. Most players are like 50/4/2 or 60/10/1 or even 80/0/1.5 (fish), some are 10/9/3 or 12/6/1 or even 4/4/2 (rocks) and occasionally there is a 30/20/4 or a 60/30/3 or 30/25/7 (aggro's). So, I'm thinking my pre-flop play is better right? Obviously, my post-flop game is the problem, and even more: the few tilt session that usually trash my winrate. I'm back in the no-confidence zone either way.

Some good news though, I finally gor a resonse from Simbapoker about my refund. It seems there were some delays, but they are still in the process of refunding their players, so it's just a matter of time. So, maybe that $100 eventually will find it's way back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment