Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!!

First of all: a happy and healthy 2009 for everyone!! :)

Looking back on 2008

I had a couple of great months playing 2NL on Everest, which helped building a bit of a bankroll but led me to believe I actually knew what I was doing. So when I moved up to the 4NL on Stars and Party poker I had to think again, because I was moving up and down and up and down again, eventually getting nowhere...

Mid October, I decided to take a step back and take a look at how I was playing and, after rereading Dan Harrington on Cash 1&2, I tried again. More focus, more aggression, more patience, less tilting, less optimistic calls etc...

The last three months were great, with December turning out to be my best month ever: up $41 in only 2k hands.

Looking forward to 2009

Obviously, it's a lot more motivating to play disciplined and patient if it shows in your results, so I'm curious to find out if I've actually gotten (a little) better or if I have just been lucky.

I'll keep playing the 4NL for a couple of months and, if all goes well, move to the 10NL around April.

I have no specific goals for 2009 in terms of winnings or number of hands or anything. My main goal is to improve on my game, keep enjoying it and become a winning 10NL player in the course of this brand new year. If things go really well, I might add some SNG's or MTT's to my calendar as well.



Have a great 2009!

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    it's always good to see fellow belgians enjoying poker. I've been playing for a few years now and would be happy to go over some hands with you if this would interest you.

    You can just react here and I'll try to get in touch.

    Regards,
    Zjak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    My name is Jonathan and I am the marketing manager representing an online poker school - PokerProfessor.com.
    Poker Professor offers to teach how to play online poker. We also offer up to $150 free no deposit required to all of our player community.
    The site has been running for 1 year and we are growing every month.

    I am writing to you because I see that you have the exact audience I am looking for and am interested to explore profitable options and work with you.

    Please contact me ASAP

    Best Regards
    --
    Jonathan .K
    Head of Marketing
    Poker Professor
    +44 20 8819 1086
    Skype - jonathan.katz2
    MSN- jonathan.k@live.com

    ReplyDelete