Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday smile

Had a great poker evening yesterday. I was hitting left and right and picking up a lot of other pots with aggression. Must have had at least 3 or 4 sets and a couple of straights (one low-end straight did cost me half a buyin). At the end of the session I was up $15. Again, I saw the weirdest plays: people calling big bets with second or even third pair, people calling with two pair with a 3flush on the table and a big bet. Here's one of those weird hands:

Villain in MP raises 4 bb to $0.16.
It gets folded to me in the SB and I have KK.
I don't like to slowplay KK OOP so I reraise to $0.50.
Now the villain instashoves and I make the call.
He has AKo
Now I had been raising quite a bit (because I was getting good cards), but a shove?
Turns out he would have won the pot if he just flatcalled.
The flop show AQx and I'm already cursing. Turn is a king, river blanks and I pick up the pot.

Another interesting hand:

I pick up 77 in LP and I raise two limpers to $0.24.
Now I get repopped to $1.24 by a maniac OTB. I only had about 30 hands on him but his stats were about 70/35/5/33. Plus I had seen him do that (reraising OTB) twice before. Because three 3bets in 30 hands did seem quite a lot, I decided to make the call.... and i hit a set on the flop. He bets half the pot and I shove and get a quick call. He shows aces and I pick up the pot: wrong read, but great result.
A couple of hands later I raise again with 44 and again he reraises me. This time I fold.

I felt another guy, calling his MP raise with 88. I flop a set again, he bets and I shove (he was shortstacked). I get a call (JJ) and even hit quads on the river.

Biggest pot I lost was half a buy-in when I flop two pair and villain flops a set.

I also played a quick $0.50 SNG on Titan (but wasn't really paying too much attention.

I'm not getting any cards and have about my starting stack of 1500 when the blinds get to 50/100. Now I see a raise to 200 in front of me, and I decide to gamble a bit, planning to bluff on the flop/turn, so I call with 5h4h. The BB minraises to 300, Initial raiser calls so I have to put in another 100 into a 850 pot.
Flop come AsQhTh. Initial raiser bets half the pot and I shove my remaining 1200.
Well, both opponents call, and I cheer when the turn is another heart.
Because the BB is holding the Ah, I say 'no more hearts' but of course....
And that was it...

Have fun at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment