Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A fresh start

(March 4, 2008)

I guess it took a few bad beats to 'beat' some sense into my poker game. I started with a bankroll of $ 40 at PKR, only to see that smelt down to a measly $ 5 due to, well... donkeyness :)
Biggest problem: a lack of discipline!

First of all, when I'm ahead I get careless and stop folding the hands I should fold. Some story yesterday when I was playing at a 10-handed, $ 0.02 - $ 0.04 cash game on PKR
I loose $ 1.50 on one of my first hands, but I kept calm and set out to earn it back with a loose but carefull game. The next few hands I win a couple of times, holding strong hands or playing well from late position.
The next hand I get KK in late position. A couple of guys limp and a short-stacked player in middle position makes a small bet, which I call and the chip leader (with $20 at a $4 table) calls as well.
Out came a rainbow flop and the chip leader bets, the guy in the middle goes all-in (I think with $1) and me and the chip leader call. The turn gives a pair on the board and the chip leader bets $2.
Obviously I'm worried he might have hit a full-house or at least a set, but I'm also thinking he can't have a clue about my pocket kings so I feel the raise is a bit over the top. I call.
Next comes a deuce and the chip leader bets $2 again. So he bets three times in a row and I must admit, I didn't think he'd fire another shot. I called and my two pairs held up against the chip leader for the side pot. The guy in middle position did flop a set and took the main (but smaller) pot.

So I'm up $3.5 and I did it again: first playing pocket 8's instead of just folding them after the flop and then chasing a straight draw.
I end up with a tiny $0.29.
So I'm thinking about sticking a 'SHOULD YOU FOLD? on my screen.


I definately need a fresh start...

No comments:

Post a Comment