Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Results for April

(April 29, 2008)

Since I won't be playing poker the next few days, it's time to look back on the goals for this month:

Statistics

  • play 2.500 hands four- or sixtabling at 2NL Success, I played 3758 hands 4- and 5-tabling
  • win $20 for a ptBB/100 of 20 Succes, made $ 23.88 with 32 BB/100
  • get to a bankroll of $150 Fail, I'm currently at $ 142 due to a tilt session on 2NL and a short adventure with the other guy cathing his 2-outer on the river, which cost me $ 8.

Quality

  • stick to a tight aggressive style playing the right odds Success, played some very good sessions with extremely good results but I managed to blow it on one mega-tilt session.
  • play smaller/unprotected pots more aggressive from position Succes, I'm picking pots like these, but sometimes it's going the wrong. I'm not sure this is +EV at this level.
  • try to put opponents on hands by the river Success, not really there yet, but I'm regularly putting opponents on the right hands or range of hands.

Overall not a bad month but my one tilt-session really bummed me. I still don't know what happened. I quickly lost some and then started making a few BAD calls in big pots. I went down over $13 in just 144 hands and then I made another mistake though I swore I'd never do that but I went to the 10NL to try and recover my losses.


The plan was to play really tight and wait for that one hand. At first the plan worked and I got up 25 BB but then I got unlucky: it got folded to me and I limped from EP and got raised by the guy OTB (I had AQo)


The flop comes AQ5 rainbow and I check to the raiser (just the two of us in the pot). He bets 2/3 and I call because I'm thinking he has AK, AQ, AJ or middle to high PP and I'm only behind against AA and QQ.


The turn is a blank and I check again, planning to check-raise. Villain bets 1/2 pot and I shove it which he calls. He turns over A5. I'm cheering already when the river comes.... a 5 and he hits his two-outer. I immediately shut down my computer...


So, even though my results aren't that bad at all, I've decided to stick to 2NL one month longer because I really want to get my BR up to $160 before I move to 4NL.

Goals for May

  • play at least 2500 hands on 2NL
  • win at least $20
  • get to a BR of $160
  • avoid getting careless: stay on target!!
  • get and read another book (preferably Harrington on cash games)

Reward: move to 4NL on Titan Poker and play SNG/MTT with anything that exceeds a BR of $160.

No comments:

Post a Comment