Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And then a not so decent session at 10NL

Well, I'm right back to where I was: down 4 buyins at 10NL.

As I wasn't feeling all that fresh, I was thinking to skip my usual Sunday evening session and watch some tv instead. Finally, I did sit down to play and stupid me even opened 4 tables. I shouldn't have done that, in fact, I shouldn't have played at all (head-aches are bad for your A-game).

I quickly dropped a buyin due to a bluff that didn't work and several missed flops where I faced strength on the turn. After a little while I got it back up to almost break-even (this is when I should have quit), but then dropped back to - $4.

By this time, I started closing tables when I get AKo OTC and raise it to 3.5x and I get two callers. The flop is good: K42 with two clubs, so I make the 2/3 cbet.
Now the BB checkraises me to $6. For some reason, I thought he was semi-bluffing here and I wasn't going to fold TPTK (I guess the typical I'm stuck, so I'm not giving up this pot syndrome, so I shoved. But like I said, I was tired and had a head-ache and somehow I managed to not notice we were 150bb deep instead of 100bb.
A quick call by villain tells I'm beat, and he shows 22 for trip deuces.
FUCKING DONKEY ME!!!! I could have hit my head against the wall if it didn't hurt already. Seriously pissed.

I did fuck up in other ways as well though: I kept playing on a table I should have left (a super-aggro bigstack attacking every pot, combined with a few calling stations is a tough spot) or I should have at least adjusted my play.

Most of it was missed flops, big hands getting little action and a lack of focus.

I guess I'm a bad winner and a bad looser: if I'm ahead I start to push it to get even more or keep the pace when the cards aren't just as good, and if I'm behind I tend to push it to get it back. Arrrgh, patience is a not only a virtue but a necessity in poker.

I know I'm capable of beating 10NL, I just need to play solid every session, instead of playing well three sessions and then blowing it in the next.

Astafas

No comments:

Post a Comment