Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Bluffcalling?

I was in a fun hand on 4NL 6max yesterday.

I pick up JJ OTB and openraise to 4bb, obviously hoping the blinds think I'm stealing.
The BB decides to 3bet me and he raises my $0.16 to $0.82(!).
A 5x reraise feels weird so I'm thinking he either has QQ, maybe KK or air a lot of the time.
Because we're bot 100 bb deep, I decide to just call (I have position).
The flop is perfect J 9 5 with two clubs.
Now the BB cbets $1.50 and I decide to shove it, now pretty convinced he does have that big pair.
Villain instacalls with... ATo, so he's pretty much drawing dead.

I guess 3betting an OTB raiser with ATo could be reasonable, however, why make it 5x?
Cbetting such a dry board, well, sure, why not.
But then calling a shove with ace high from someone who called your big preflop 3bet?
Please, send me more of these :)

Have a nice week-end!

Astafas

No comments:

Post a Comment