Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Long term result of 10bb/100 at 4NL

With a nice result yesterday, I've finally achieved my goal of 10bb/100 at the 4NL level (after almost 45k hands).

As I wrote in earlier posts, I had reviewed and adjusted my game in october last year because I had been treading water at 4NL untill then ( -3.7bb/100 over 18k hands). After that, my results improved a lot as I ran at 19.5bb/100 over then next 26k hands, resulting in 10bb/100 overall.

Yesterday was kinda meh: I wasn't playing very well and quickly dropped 1.5 buyins due to some bad calls and stupid bluffs. Nevertheless, I ended up winning $7, partly by paying a bit more attention but mostly because of the much appreciated tendency of some of my opponents to just donate their money.

The weirdest plays keep popping up at this level all the time, which makes it harder to try and put people on a range of hands, but obviously is a +EV game.

A short example: I'm in the BB with 86o, and one guy limps in in the CO, so it's just the two of us.
Flop comes J86 rainbow, and the villain in CO shoves his remaining $2.50 in the middle. I mean, why on earth would you shove there? I made the call and he had a weak Jack and my two pair held up.

I'm definately running extremely well this month and that won't last, but at this point I'm up $54. I'll be playing 10NL for the rest of the month and I'm just hoping that will turn out better than my first (short) attempt at 10NL. The differences between FR and 6max are pretty big and it seems 6max is a lot more fishier. Most nits probably stick to full ring.

I came across a new pokersite, SimbaPoker, which has a nice and fast client and offers some non-standard stuff like Dealer's choice and Chinese poker, a loss limit (basically you can set a certain limit on your losses, after which you account is frozen for a period you choose), and some extra security features. The site also offers a transparent progressive rakeback scheme, with rakeback up to 50%.
The problem is the lack of traffic (they're on their own independant network), but I'm hoping that will pick up in the next few weeks/months as I'd consider to switch to this site because of the good client/security/rakeback scheme. Also, I sympathise with the underdog. So, if you're interested, check it out at www.simbapoker.com.


Until next time...


Astafas

No comments:

Post a Comment