Click here for great deals at PokerSource!
Pokersource offers extra bonusses, gifts and rakeback deals on various pokersites. Having used Pokersource myself, I can really recommend them for boosting your bankroll.
Please use 'Astafas' as referral.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Short but winning session

I didn't play too many hands yesterday, coz I spent most of the evening surfing to check out poker deals (bonusses and rakeback). Still managed to earn $13 in 150 hands 4NL and 150 hands 10NL.

I did witness some complete donkyness on my 4NL tables. Perhaps I was sitting at an exceptionally fishy table, but it seems level of play is actually dropping on these tables. I saw people going broke with second pair, paying off obvious straights/flushes etc. There was also an extreme tendency to limp. I was pretty card dead the first half hour, but after that I was able to take some money of my eager-to-donate opponents.

Just an example: I'm in the SB and have A2o. Everyone limps and, since I just sat down, I decide to complete instead of raise (raising wouldn't have worked anyhow, I learned later on).

Flop comes A K 9 rainbow and I check, figuring at least 1 of my 5 opponents must have a better ace than me. The table checks around. Turn is a ten. I'm still no really believing I'm the only one with an ace, but hey, let's find out: I make a potbet and get called by one player. River looks like a brick, but I check again, as I don't see many weaker hands than my TPWK callin a bet here. My opponent had called me with a 9. That's right: 4th pair in a limped pot, on a board with an ace and a king. Go figure.

On a 10NL I got to stack an opponent: I'm raising PF with AQo OTC and the button and the BB call. Flop is A x x (2hearts) and I make a potsized cbet and get a call
from the guy OTB. Turn is another heart and I check it. Now villain bets like $0.50 in a $2.00 pot, so I have to call. River is another heart and I make a small bet to induce a raise and sure enough he pushes AI (another $5) with a lower flush. Thank you.

Cheers

Astafas

No comments:

Post a Comment